Ear Acupuncture is a Chinese Medicine Practice Treating Many Conditions
At Back On Your Feet, we offer a variety of massage and acupuncture treatments, including ear acupuncture. We use acupuncture and massage techniques to treat a wide variety of conditions, including fertility, pregnancy, digestive issues and chronic pain.
Benefits of Ear Acupuncture in Sydney
Acupuncture has been practised for thousands of years and is used to treat a wide variety of conditions. The benefits of acupuncture include:
- Restoring balance to the body. In Traditional Chinese Medicine, acupuncture is believed to help improve vital energy flow (known as chi or qi). Improving energy flow helps restore balance between yin and yang in the internal organs.
- Treatment for pain. Receiving ear acupuncture in Sydney City can help reduce physical pain. The ear contains many points that connect to the brain and body. By inserting needles in specific points, the consultant can target pain from arthritis, constipation, fertility, chronic pain and sport injuries, as well as conditions of the inner and outer ear.
- Mental health treatment. In addition to addressing physical pain, acupuncture can assist in relieving mental health issues. The points in the ear connect to the body’s nervous system and can help relieve anxiety, stress and depression. The acupressure points can enhance mood, aid in smoking cessation and promote sounder sleep.
What You Can Expect from Back On Your Feet Regarding Ear Acupuncture in Sydney CBD
The staff at Back On Your Feet are professionals who customise the treatment to your specific conditions or desired outcome.
- During the initial consultation you can expect to be asked questions about your lifestyle and dietary habits. Our consultants will inspect your tongue and palpation of the pulse to make an accurate and holistic Chinese Medicine diagnosis. We then determine the best treatments to address your condition.
- An acupuncture treatment can use from five to fifteen acupuncture points. While most people experience no pain, some have slight discomfort from the needles. Minimal discomfort is a small price to pay to reduce stress and pain. One benefit of acupuncture is the lack of harsh side effects or consequences, when compared to traditional medication or forms of treatment. However, if traditional medication or treatment is required then acupuncture can work as a complementary treatment.
- Acupuncture is most commonly used to treat sports injuries such as ankle sprains, Achilles tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, shoulder injuries and lower back pain. It is believed that acupuncture works by closing the ‘gateway’ to pain, which often reduces pain and inflammation.
About Back On Your Feet
With over 40 years combined experience you can trust the professionals at Back On Your Feet to help you manage your physical and mental health. We focus on pain management for conditions resulting from sports injuries and overuse of muscles and joints. We also offer acupuncture and massage treatments to assist with fertility, pregnancy care and digestive issues.
Book an initial consultation with one of our experienced professionals to determine the best method of treatment for your condition.