Choose Acupuncture in Sydney Today from Back On Your Feet
When you receive acupuncture in Sydney, you’ll be taking part in an ancient Chinese practice used for thousands of years. The human body has over 1,000 acupuncture points, each one associated with a different energy channel. This therapy is based on the premise that these channels can become “blocked,” disturbing the body’s flow of energy (or qi) and leading to numerous health problems. Acupuncturists insert very thin needles into specific points to help restore the body’s energy and promote healing and relaxation.
Benefits of Acupuncture in Sydney City
Many people report positive results with acupuncture in Sydney City. It can play a role in helping patients with a wide variety of complaints, including:
- Low back pain. Acupuncture may help patients experience relief from low back pain due to a variety of causes.
- Migraines. Many patients find that acupuncture reduces or relieves their migraines effectively, primarily when used in conjunction with other therapies or medications recommended by their doctors.
- Knee pain. Another condition acupuncture may help is knee pain, whether chronic or acute.
- Stress relief. Acupuncture is effective in treating your everyday stress. After treatment many patients feel a sense of calmness like a big weight has lifted off their shoulders.
These are just a few of the conditions for which people seek acupuncture in Sydney CBD to restore optimal physical function and minimise the use of opioid pain medications.
What to Expect from Acupuncture in the Sydney CBD?
When you book your first acupuncture appointment, you may naturally be curious or even a little apprehensive about what to expect. However, acupuncture is easy and comfortable; in fact, many people enjoy it for its relaxing effects. Here are a few things you can expect.
- Health history. Your practitioner will want to know about your personal health history including your diet, stress, sleep, lifestyle, and medical conditions.
- Physical exam. The acupuncturist will also take note of your physical appearance, heart rate, and other markers of physical health that allow them to make the best possible treatment recommendations.
- No pain. One of the main things that prevents people from trying acupuncture is that they are concerned about pain. However, this treatment is not painful. You shouldn’t feel more than a very slight pinch or ache as the needle is lightly tapped into position.
- Relaxation. Regardless of the reason you are seeking acupuncture, one of the side effects that many patients enjoy is a calming effect. You might be surprised after your first session to find yourself looking forward to the next one.
About Back On Your Feet
At Back On Your Feet, it’s our goal to provide the best possible care for all our patients, helping them regain normal function and feel like themselves again. With our four decades’ combined experience and extensive training, our professional and compassionate practitioners do everything they can to achieve the optimal outcome for every patient. We offer a range of pain management services including sports injury care, pregnancy care, cosmetic services, fertility services, and more. If you have been experiencing chronic pain, migraines, muscle tension, fertility problems, menstrual issues, digestive issues, anxiety, or other physical or mental health complaints, contact Back On Your Feet for assistance.